Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Today's Message

Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Accounts Payable: Tips to Expedite Payments

All vendors and individuals who do business with the State of New York must be registered in the NYS Vendor file or submit a completed Substitute W-9 form (PDF) to the Accounts Payable Department for processing. Forms can be obtained by phone at 878-4117 or on the Accounts Payable website.

Any payment or reimbursement request must include a detailed description of the goods or services being provided and the business purpose of the purchase. Purchase requisitions for goods or services must include a quote from the vendor. Any shipping charges must be included on the requisition as a separate line item. Estimate shipping charges if necessary. Any change to the original order, such as availability or price, must be reported to Procurement Services immediately. Any requests for increased funding must come from the authorized signatory on the account. When goods or services are received, please forward the signed, dated goldenrod (as well as any invoices) to Accounts Payable, Cleveland Hall 414. If an order must be canceled, contact the vendor and Procurement Services immediately. Submit the original goldenrod to Accounts Payable indicating that the order has been canceled. A change notice will be filed to cancel the PO and replenish your account. Please see the Accounts Payable website for complete details.

Purchases of food or beverages are subject to more stringent guidelines. The Food and Beverage Allowability Chart outlines permissible funding sources for events that include food or beverages. See the Food and Beverage Policy for details.

Please contact Paula Mis, assistant to the director of Accounts Payable and Travel Services, 878-4117, with questions.

Submitted by: Paula J Mis
Also appeared:
Monday, October 5, 2015
Monday, November 2, 2015