Today's MessagePosted: Monday, January 29, 2018
Online Course Development Certificate Series
Are you interested in teaching online? Perhaps you’re already teaching online but are interested in developing new strategies to help your students succeed. Maybe you would like to incorporate online activities into your face-to-face course.
The Online Course Development workshop certificate series is designed to provide you with techniques and best practices for teaching in the online environment.
These workshops will provide you with techniques and resources to
- create opportunities for meaningful interaction with students;
- develop content to increase student engagement;
- provide a variety of learning experiences and activities to address various student needs;
- develop an intuitive online course environment; and
- ensure alignment between course outcomes, assessments, and activities.
All workshops will be held Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. in Bulger Communication Center 120 as follows:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning – February 7
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities - February 14
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments – February 21
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan – February 28
- Designing and Organizing Your Course in Blackboard - March 7
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration – March 14
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Tuesday, February 6, 2018