From the ProvostPosted: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Watch for Student Progress Report: February 7
One of the most exciting features of the new Bengal Success Portal is the Student Progress Report. This early intervention tool enables faculty members to inform advisers and students about signs of academic difficulty early on in the term. Advisers can then take steps to reach out to students so that they can make positive changes to their academic habits while there is still time to turn things around.
The Student Progress Report will deploy to all instructors on February 7. An e-mail notification with the link will be sent to all faculty members. Instructors will be able to view their class lists and mark whether a student has encountered an issue or award students “kudos” for a job well done. Students will receive e-mails, and students' advisers will be made aware of this feedback as well. Advisers can then conduct proactive outreach to assist students in helping them meet their academic goals.
Based on user feedback from the first report, we have adjusted the tracking items for this report. These include the following:
- No feedback (this is the default response for a student; does not in any way indicate poor performance)
- A "Keep Up the Good Work" kudos (student receives an e-mail)
- A "No-Show / Has Not Attended" flag (student receives an e-mail)
- A "General Concern" flag (comments required; student receives an e-mail)
- An internal-only "General Concern" flag (comments required; student does not receive an e-mail)
Instructors, please watch for the Student Progress Report and complete it when you receive it. Your feedback just might be that extra little “nudge” that students need to put them on the path to success!