Today's MessagePosted: Monday, February 5, 2018
Spring 2018 Staff and Faculty Professional Development Opportunities
The Buffalo State College Professional Development Center invites staff and faculty members to take advantage of the following professional development opportunities. All sessions will be held in Butler Library 181B. To register for a session or for details, please click the session title link, which will take you to the Workshop Registration System.
We want to thank UUP, the Professional Staff Caucus, the Faculty and Staff Welfare Committee, the Creative Studies Department, and faculty and staff presenters for partnering with the Professional Development Center. With the support of our campus partners, the Professional Development Center was able to accomplish the following:
- Average faculty and staff attendance per workshop grew from four participants in 2015–2016 to 8.3 participants in 2016–2017 to 11.6 participants during the fall 2017 semester.
- Out of a sample of 44 faculty and staff members who participated in professional development workshops, 92 percent used the ideas, methods, or strategies they learned to further improve their work practices.
- Crucial Confrontations
Tuesday, March 20, 12:15–1:30 p.m.
- Managing Student Workers Part 2: Creating Student Employment Learning Experiences
Thursday, March 22, 9:00 a.m.–Noon
- Learning about Learning in the Workplace and Beyond
Wednesday, April 4, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Introvert Thinkers: Understanding the Power of Introverts in the Workplace
Thursday, April 26, 10:00 a.m.–Noon
- The Times Are Changing: Strategies to Personally Manage Transitions at Work
Tuesday, March 13, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Facilitating Change for a Department, Committee, Program, Process, or Initiative
Thursday, April 12, 9:00 a.m.–Noon
- Managing the Polarities of Organizational Change
Tuesday, April 24, 12:15–2:15 p.m.
- Purposeful Networking: Creating Valuable Professional Connections
Wednesday, February 28, 12:15–1:30 p.m.
- Techniques and Approaches for Delivering Excellent Customer Service
Tuesday, April 17, 9:00 a.m.–Noon
- Facilitating and Structuring Effective Meetings
Thursday, February 22, 12:15–3:15 p.m.
- Rethinking Productivity: Methods for Managing Time and Tasks
Wednesday, March 7, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Thursday, February 8, 2018