Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Student Move-In Days: Parking and Traffic Notice
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday—August 25, 27, 29, and 30—will be move-in days for resident students. To facilitate the move for our nearly 3,000 residents and their families, temporary changes to campus parking and traffic will be made as follows:
Some parking areas near residence halls will be reserved for move-in activity and will not be available for faculty, staff, or student parking. The following lots will be used for move-in activity:
Tuesday, August 25:
- Lot R-1 (Rockwell Road, north and south sides) from Cleveland Circle Drive west to Academic Drive
- Lot R-6 (Academic Drive)* except parking spaces designated for people with disabilities
- Lot R-7 (Union Place)* all parking spaces
Cassety Hall will be accessed via the roadway west of the Science and Mathematics Complex (Bengal Drive), with egress in between Upton Hall and Bulger Communication Center to Iroquois Drive.
* Please note that numbered reserve and general reserve parking spaces in lots R-6 and R-7 are included in those parking spaces that will be unavailable for staff parking. On Tuesday, August 25, these reserve-space holders are asked to park in other campus parking lots to accommodate our students.
Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday—August 27, 29, and 30:
- Tower Road traffic will be one way only (east to west), from Tower 1 to Tower 4 and Moore Complex.
- Cassety Hall will be accessed via the roadway west of the Science and Mathematics Complex (Bengal Drive), with egress in between Upton Hall and Bulger Communication Center to Iroquois Drive.
University Police officers, University Police student assistants, and Residence Life staff members will be available to direct students and their families. Thank you for your cooperation as we welcome our new and returning resident students.
Monday, August 24, 2015