Campus CommunityPosted: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Bengals Care Collection Drive: November 17
In observance of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week and the Bengals Dare to Care Virtual Workshop on Food Security, Housing, and Racial Justice, the Student Civic Leadership Board and Civic and Community Engagement will host a Bengals Care Collection Drive to support the work of local community partners. This collection will take place on Tuesday, November 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the South Wing breezeway.
Food: Rice, oatmeal, canned goods, peanut butter, evaporated milk, condensed milk, seasonings, sofrito, crackers, pasta, tomato paste, tomato sauce, dried fruits and vegetables, applesauce, olive oil, granola bars, cereal, nuts, salad oil, sugar, formula, and infant food. Friendsgiving items are also needed such as stuffing, gravy, etc.
Hygiene: Shampoo, conditioner, wipes, deodorant, soap, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, diapers, tampons, and lotion.
Clothing: Because of COVID-19 precautions, we must reject used clothing items. ONLY new, small items such as socks, undershirts, winter hats, gloves, and mittens will be accepted. Please enclose your items in Ziploc bags or prepackaged plastic wrap to avoid the risk of contamination.
We ask that attendees pay close attention to the COVID-19 safety guidelines outlined below:
- Staff members, student volunteers, and donors are required to wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Temperatures of all participants will be taken using a no-contact thermometer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- A sign-in sheet will be used for contact tracing purposes.
- Drop-off station will be sanitized between donations.
- Please place all donations in a plastic grocery bag or box and follow all social distancing and zero contact guidelines.
Thank you for your help and support! It is greatly appreciated.
Friday, November 13, 2020
Monday, November 16, 2020