From the Chief Diversity OfficerPosted: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Call for Nominations: Manager LEAPP Program
The Professional Development Center is accepting nominations for its second cohort of Buffalo State managers for the Manager LEAPP Program: Leading, Empowering, and Accelerating Professionals’ Performance. The LEAPP Program is for any manager at Buffalo State College who is interested in improving his or her self-awareness as a manager, improving communication with employees, effectively delivering employee feedback, and managing employee performance. This program will specifically help individuals improve how they manage employees at a SUNY institution and navigate labor relations policies and procedures.
Eighty-five percent of managers who participated in the first cohort of this program indicated in the outcomes assessment that they increased their knowledge or further improved in each management competency focus area either “a great deal” or “considerably” as a result of the program.
Any Buffalo State manager can be nominated or self-nominate to participate in this program by completing the online nomination form. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, August 9. The 12 nominees selected to participate in the LEAPP Program must have approval from their respective supervisors and vice presidents.
Managers in the LEAPP Program will complete two assessments to build self-awareness as a manager, complete six workshops, and be supported by a community invested in their ongoing manager development. As a result of the LEAPP Program, managers will
- increase their self-awareness of communication, decision-making, and management style preferences to identify strengths and areas for development as a manager;
- enhance skills in communicating with employees, delivering feedback to employees, and managing employee performance within the boundaries of labor relations policies and procedures;
- understand the complexities of labor relations in SUNY from multiple stakeholder perspectives and how to effectively navigate different situations;
- create and implement a personal management development plan; and
- engage in a community of managers who will work together to support each other in resolving challenges.
For more information about the Manager LEAPP Program, participant expectations, and the course schedule, please visit the Professional Development website. Please contact Jonathan Hulbert, director of leadership and organizational development, with questions.