AnnouncementsPosted: Thursday, April 26, 2018
College Senate Elections Close Tomorrow
The College Senate is holding elections this week to fill three at-large Senate seats: two for faculty members and one for a professional staff or faculty member. All elections are for three-year terms. Voting began at 12:01 a.m. Monday, April 23, and continues until 11:59 p.m. tomorrow, April 27. The College Senate Bylaws and Elections Committee will again use an electronic voting system supplemented by paper ballots to conduct the elections.
Our primary goals are to encourage participation in the shared governance of Buffalo State and to share information on each candidate. If you have not already visited the College Senate’s elections information site to review the candidates’ qualifications, please do so.
All full-time academics and professionals (NU = 8; negotiating unit 8)
Electronic or Paper Ballot
If you plan to vote electronically:
- The election e-booth is located on the College Senate’s College Elections voting site.
- Log in using your e-mail user name and password.
- When you log in, the system will identify the election(s) in which you are eligible to vote. If you think you have been misidentified or some other issue arises, please contact Slade Gellin, College Senate parliamentarian.
- For general questions, please contact Vincent Masci, assistant to the College Senate, 878-5139.
If you plan to vote by paper ballot:
You must request a ballot. Ballots will be sent only to voters who request them. Please request a paper ballot in one of the following ways during the election period:
- Call the Senate Office at 878-5139. Provide your name and phone number. If you leave a voice mail message, a follow-up call will be made to you before we send out the ballot to make sure we correctly record your name.
- E-mail Vince Masci, assistant to the College Senate. Please provide your name and phone number.
Paper ballots will be distributed before or during election week and will contain the same information about each candidate as the electronic site (with the exception of photographs or information from any websites candidates may have). Paper ballots must be returned to the Senate Office by 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 27, to be counted.
Thank you for your participation in this year’s election. Please share any feedback, questions, or concerns with Amy Rosen-Brand, chair of the College Senate Bylaws and Elections Committee.