Today's MessagePosted: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Connect and Engage in the Open SUNY Online Teaching Community
Open SUNY Online Teaching has a number of ways that online instructional designers, online faculty, and online practitioners in any role can engage in the Open SUNY Online Teaching community.
The Open SUNY Online Teaching Community of Practice aims to leverage the expertise of our rich and vibrant community of online practitioners by facilitating engagement in the community and cultivating ways that online practitioners can effectively contribute to the community and enhance networking and visibility among peers with shared interests in online teaching and learning across the system. There are a number of ways to engage in the Open SUNY Online Teaching community of practice.
Community members can
- join the online teaching community as Open SUNY fellows in your self-selected role based on your expertise and desired level of commitment to the community;
- subscribe to the Open SUNY Online Teaching Gazette, a curated monthly newsletter for those interested in online teaching;
- volunteer to mentor others in the online teaching community;
- join the Online Course Reviewer Network, indicating your willingness to review online courses and provide feedback for improvements using OSCQR or other rubrics;
- submit and share an effective online practice; or
- be showcased individually for an online teaching and learning practice or innovation in our Open SUNY Fellow Chat monthly webinar series.
A free, informal informational webinar on Tuesday, October 2, will provide a brief overview of the many ways you can engage in the Open SUNY Online Teaching community of practice.
Join the webinar at noon on October 2: Registration is not required.
Friday, September 28, 2018
Tuesday, October 2, 2018