Today's MessagePosted: Thursday, May 2, 2019
Online Course Development Series - Summer 2019
Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance your course design and increase student engagement with the Online Course Development Series. This series prepares instructors to design, teach, and enhance online or hybrid courses using best practices of online teaching and learning.
Both the basic and advanced Online Course Development Series will be offered in an online asynchronous format during summer 2019. All learning and instructional activities will occur in Blackboard for the duration of the series.
The basic Online Course Development Series is composed of the following six modules:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration
- Designing and Organizing Your Online Course
The Advanced Online Course Development series is composed of the following four modules:
- Creating Interactive Content for Your Course
- Authentic Assessment
- Universal Design for Learning
- Open SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR) Rubric
Both the basic and advanced series will be offered twice this summer: session one will be held from June 17 to July 12, and session two will be held from July 22 to August 16. When registering, please indicate which session you'd like to enroll in.
There is no cost to participate in this series. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Tuesday, May 21, 2019