From the Provost and Vice President for Academic AffairsPosted: Monday, March 15, 2021
Institutional Planning Advisory Committee
In response to the rapidly changing needs of our students, faculty, and staff, as well as a campuswide interest in identifying our unique strengths and opportunities to best support our community, Buffalo State College will phase out the College Planning Council and begin the process of developing an Institutional Planning Advisory Committee (IPAC) in its place.
The IPAC will expand on the exceptional work that has been completed by members of the College Planning Council. The campus community appreciates the time and expertise that members have invested in our campus. As we transition to the new IPAC structure, I invite interested faculty and staff members from across campus to consider IPAC membership.
The role of IPAC will be to serve as a conduit between multiple areas of the college, serve as the coordinating body of strategic planning initiatives, and provide leadership in the following areas:
- Oversee the iterative strategic planning process and its implementation.
- Monitor and adjust the ongoing strategic planning process to meet the college’s needs.
- Strengthen and focus the analytics required for planning, assessment, and student success.
- Communicate assessment and planning progress to faculty, staff, and students on a regular basis.
- Share information and assessment results with the Institutional Effectiveness Committee for possible inclusion in the Middle States Self-Study materials.
- Develop recommendations for actions and goals within the broad parameters of the strategic plan and the college’s mission for submission to the president and cabinet.
Those with experience or interest in topics that will be addressed by IPAC should contact Carolyn Martino, executive assistant to the provost, by Wednesday, March 24. If committee membership is not an option for you this semester, you will be informed of additional subcommittees that will be created as we move forward with IPAC initiatives. It is a high priority that IPAC membership adopt inclusive practices that reflect and appreciate the diversity that exists among our students, faculty, and staff at Buffalo State.
I encourage you to look for updates in the Daily Bulletin on our progress as we complete committee membership and begin working on our campuswide initiatives.