From the Provost and Vice President for Academic AffairsPosted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal Search: Executive Director of Academic Success
Internal applications are being accepted for the following position on campus. This is an internal job posting open to employees of Buffalo State College who are currently paid from any state-appropriated-funds payroll:
Title: Assistant Dean / Executive Director of Academic Success
Department: Academic Success
Wage: SL-5 UUP Salary Schedule, or Competitive
Brief Job Description
The executive director of academic success responds to student concerns and guides students to academic success. The director assists with information sharing and campuswide programmatic coordination and supervision of Academic Success area offices. The director oversees the offices and program activities in the department including the use of evidence-based, higher education best practices for all area programs and services and data collection and analysis to determine program effectiveness and areas for improvement. The director assists the provost with special projects as needed.
Develop a comprehensive retention, engagement, and persistence framework to ensure that high-impact practices are delivered effectively.
- Increase the number of opportunities for integrated learning, including learning communities.
- Assess current learning community model’s effectiveness in yielding improved student outcomes and develop recommendations for improvement, if needed.
- Assess existing academic support services to determine effectiveness and identify any gaps.
- Supervise the activities in Academic Success area units.
- Ensure the use of evidence-based, higher education best practices for programs and services, and data collection and analysis to determine program effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Assist with information sharing and program coordination among Academic Success area offices.
To view the required qualifications and to apply, please visit the posting on the Buffalo State Job Opportunities website. The application window will close Tuesday, October 26.