From the ProvostPosted: Monday, October 1, 2018
Call for Applications: Approved Applied Learning 2019-2020 Fellowship Cohort
We are pleased to announce the call for applications for the second cohort of the Faculty Fellowship Program, created by the SUNY Performance Improvement Funds (PIF) grant received by Buffalo State to assist in our efforts to centralize and support approved applied learning (AAL) on campus. Applied learning refers to an educational approach whereby students learn by engaging in direct application of skills, theories, and models. To be "approved," the activity or course must meet the five criteria as defined by SUNY.
Full-time and part-time faculty are encouraged to apply for the 2019–2020 Approved Applied Learning Faculty Fellowship Cohort.
Faculty fellows will receive $500 for the following responsibilities:
- Completing a two-day mini-conference on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 (8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.), and Wednesday, January 23, 2019 (8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Participants will receive an additional $500 for the following responsibilities:
- Implementing the AAL activity in either the spring or summer 2019 semester
- Completing an AAL project or activity outline (content and assessment) and uploading it to the AAL Blackboard organization
- Participating in at least two follow-up meetings during spring 2019
- Being an active participant as an approved applied learning fellow (for example, presenting to the campus, contributing to the website, or designing and offering a workshop)
- Completing and distributing assessment surveys