From the Vice President for Student AffairsPosted: Thursday, October 10, 2019
2019 Graduate School Fair: October 24
The Career Development Center will host over 65 graduate schools and programs at its annual Graduate School Fair on Thursday, October 24, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Campbell Student Union Social Hall. All students and alumni are encouraged to attend this free event. This is a great way to learn more about a variety of programs and the admission process, as well as make face-to-face connections with recruiters.
Top five reasons why recruiters recommend attending the fair:
- Schools you talk with at the fair may give out application fee waivers. This can add up to hundreds of dollars in waived fees!
- In some cases, schools will provide an entrance exam fee waiver or show you how to receive course waivers for prerequisites and entrance exam waivers.
- You can get insider tips on scholarships and financial assistance.
- Many of the reps at the fair from specific programs serve on the admissions committee (yes, the people deciding whether you get into the program), so you can learn what they really want to hear in your essay.
- You can connect with advisers and faculty members for direct follow-up questions.