From the Chief Diversity OfficerPosted: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Call for Nominations: Equity and Campus Diversity Special Program Recognition Award
Nominations are encouraged for the 2018 Equity and Campus Diversity Special Program Recognition Award. This award was established by the 2006–2007 President's Council to recognize those programs that have made a special effort to promote equity and diversity through student involvement, curricular development, or special projects and activities that go above and beyond what is usually expected as part of their regular function.
- 2017 New World, New Wardrobe Clothing Drive: KeunYoung Oh, Associate Professor, Fashion and Textile Technology
- 2015 Buffalo Beginnings: Journey's End Refugee Services
- 2014 Buffalo Urban Music Project, Mark Filsinger, Assistant Professor, Music
- 2011 The Volunteer and Service-Learning Center: The Refugee Awareness Project
- 2010 The Anne Frank Project
- 2008 Buffalo State Theater Department
The Special Program Recognition Award is part of the Dr. Muriel A. Howard Presidential Awards for the Promotion of Respect for Equity and Campus Diversity.
Recipients will be honored at the annual Muriel A. Howard Diversity Recognition Ceremony on Thursday, May 3, from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. in the Campbell Student Union Assembly Hall. Award criteria and nomination forms can be found on the Equity and Campus Diversity website. The application deadline has been extended to Monday, April 16.
Please contact the Equity and Campus Diversity Office, Cleveland Hall 415, 878-6210, with questions.