Today's MessagePosted: Friday, September 8, 2017
Fall 2017 Staff and Faculty Professional Development Opportunities
The Buffalo State College Professional Development Center invites staff and faculty to take advantage of the following professional development opportunities in Butler Library 181B. To register for a session or for details, please click the session title link, which will take you to the Workshop Registration System.
- Rethinking Productivity: Methods for Managing Time and Task
Tuesday, September 26, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Facilitating and Structuring Effective Meetings
Tuesday, October 24, 9:00 a.m.–noon
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce
Thursday, October 12, 9:00 a.m.–noon
- Managing Student Workers Part 1: Supervising as a Coach
Tuesday, November 7, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Polarity Management: Overcoming Paradoxical Challenges at Work and in Life
Thursday, November 16, 12:15–1:45 p.m.
- Facilitating Change for a Department, Committee, Program, Process, or Initiative
Wednesday, November 15, 9:00 a.m.–noon
- The Times Are Changing: Strategies to Personally Manage Transitions at Work
Thursday, October 26, 12:15–2:15 p.m.
- Retooling Customer Service Practices
Tuesday, November 28, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
Health and Wellness
- Quick Tips for Wellness at Work
Tuesday, October 3, 12:15–1:15 p.m.
- Go at Your Own Pace: Buffalo State College Running and Walking Group (Thursdays)
Begins October 5, 9:00–10:00 a.m. (Hosted every Thursday)
- Go at Your Own Pace: Buffalo State College Running and Walking Group (Fridays)
Begins October 6, noon–1:00 p.m. (Hosted every Friday)
Light snacks will be provided for all professional development opportunities. Please e-mail the Professional Development Center with questions.
Monday, September 11, 2017
Tuesday, September 12, 2017