Today's MessagePosted: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Online Course Development Certificate Series
The Online Course Development Certificate series prepares instructors to design, teach, and enhance online or hybrid courses using best practices of online teaching and learning. Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance course design and increase student engagement.
For the fall 2017 semester, the Online Course Development Certificate series will be offered in an online asynchronous format. All learning and instructional activities will occur in Blackboard for the duration of the course. This series is composed of the following six modules:
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Backward Design Step 1: Developing Course Objectives and Priorities
- Backward Design Step 2: Developing Course Assessments
- Backward Design Step 3: Developing the Learning Plan
- Designing and Organizing Your Course in Blackboard
- Interaction: Communication and Collaboration
The online asynchronous course will begin on Tuesday, September 5, and will end on Monday, October 30.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Brooke Winckelmann, instructional designer.
Please register for the online asynchronous Online Course Development Certificate series through the RITE Self-Service Portal.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Tuesday, September 5, 2017