Thursday, November 5, 2015

Today's Message

Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2015

What Should I Do If State Property Is Stolen?

If you suspect that an asset or piece of equipment has been stolen, please call University Police (UPD) at 878-3333 immediately. UPD will send an officer to obtain all the necessary data on the missing property and the circumstances surrounding its disappearance. The officer will need to know the asset number, description, manufacturer, model, serial number, and cost. If the asset is recorded on inventory, the data should be readily available. A copy of the police report will be sent to Business Services, which will then retire the asset from the department inventory. If you file a theft report with an off-campus police department, you must also file a separate report with UPD.

Submitted by: Lauren A Morse