Campus CommunityPosted: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Bengals Care Collective Drive: Care Packages to Benefit Transitional Services Inc.
The Student Civic Leadership Board is coordinating “Bengals Care Collective Drive: Care Packages” to benefit Transitional Services Inc. Our students would like to create 35 care packages to support those who are struggling with mental health concerns.
Donations will be collected on Tuesday, April 20, from 9:00 to 4:00 pm in the South Wing breezeway. All participants must adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines including wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart, using hand sanitizer, and following volunteer instructions.
Recommended items include the following:
• Shampoo and conditioner
• Lip balm, lotion, body wash, and makeup items
• Razors and shaving cream (men and women)
• Journals and adult coloring books
• Socks, undershirts, and undergarments
• Gift cards (must be $25 or less in value; grocery stores and department stores are preferred)
• Household items (cleaning supplies, etc.)
Please note: only new items can be accepted at this time.
The collection drive is an action step that is being coordinated in tandem with the Because Bengals Care: Increasing Mental Health Awareness and Erasing Stigma workshop on the last Tuesday in April. This event is funded by the Buffalo State College Grant Allocation Committee. Please contact Civic and Community Engagement, 878-3919, with questions.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Monday, April 19, 2021