Today's MessagePosted: Friday, January 20, 2023
Brightspace: Managing Your Move, Open Labs, and Fundamentals Workshop Series
All faculty members are encouraged to begin training in Brightspace, the new SUNY-wide learning management system.
In-Person Training Options
In-person training sessions are being offered by Instructional Design and Distance Learning (IDDL) and the Teaching and Learning Center. These sessions are hosted in a variety of labs across campus. Registration is through the Workshop Registration System.
- The Brightspace Fundamentals Workshop Series is designed for instructors new to Brightspace and is suitable for instructors teaching in any modality: face-to-face, hybrid, or online. Workshops in the series are Navigation and Interface; Communication Tools; Authoring and Publishing Content; Gradable Activities: Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes; and Gradebook.
- Managing Your Move to Brightspace: “Build from Scratch” or “Copy and Clean” Strategies. These workshops offer strategies for either building a course in Brightspace or migrating course materials from Blackboard into Brightspace.
- Brightspace LMS Open Lab. Need assistance with your course in Brightspace? This lab is an open forum devoted to answering questions and solving problems that faculty may have about navigating Brightspace. Bring your course-specific questions and have them answered here!
Online Training Options
- Online synchronous workshops will be provided by the SUNY Center for Professional Development. Registration is open.
- Online asynchronous modules are available within the Buffalo State Brightspace environment. Log in using the "Network Login" button, where you can enter your Buffalo State username and password. If you are experiencing log-in issues, please submit a ticket via the IT portal.
Have Other Questions or Need Assistance?
Monday, January 23, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023