From the CIO and Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing, and CommunicationsPosted: Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Buffalo State Print Resource Use Policy
In accordance with the new print policy implemented by SUNY System Administration, Buffalo State College has established the Print Resource Use Policy (PDF, 84 KB). This policy outlines appropriate and acceptable uses of print resources to advance campus objectives including cost reduction, elimination of waste, standardization of the printer fleet, optimization, and security.
The policy outlines Buffalo State’s specific goals to be achieved by the end of 2021:
- Achieve a total cost per copy (TCC) of <$.01.
- Have 100 percent of print devices secure and on a campus network.
- Eliminate all locally attached desktop printers.
The policy requires all offices across campus to immediately comply with the following:
- All network printers must be set for duplex printing (double-sided) and default to monochrome (vs. color).
- Local desktop printers (non-networked) may no longer be purchased for individual or office use.
- Local desktop printers already in existence will no longer be supported (i.e, repaired, moved, etc.).
¤ Once an existing local desktop printer is no longer working, it will be removed.
¤ Requests to remove a printer may be made through an IT Services Equipment Surrender ticket.
- Local desktop printers may not be transferred from one person or office to another.
- Any printing equipment that is outside of Buffalo State College printer standards will not be supported.
- All printers will be purchased only after a consultation with Information Technology.
¤ When an IT Services Hardware Request ticket is used to request a printer, a consultation is triggered.
Definitions of terms may be found in the policy document (PDF, 84 KB).