From the CIO and Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing, and CommunicationsPosted: Monday, February 8, 2021
Spring Virtual Open House 2021
The Spring 2021 Virtual Open House series will be held in the same format as our Fall 2020 Virtual Open House series. Because of the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, Undergraduate Admissions will not hold an in-person synchronous Open House this spring. Instead, we will hold individual virtual department presentations with our faculty and staff members. Please view this sample presentation to get an idea of what the virtual presentations will look like.
- These virtual department presentations will be hosted through Slate, and training will follow for faculty and staff members who are participating.
PDF instructions (530 KB)
- The Slate platform is user friendly and similar to Zoom. Faculty and staff members will also receive video instructions in the confirmation e-mail upon completion of the online RSVP form. Through the Slate platform, faculty members can present their presentation to prospective students. Students will be able to ask questions via live chat functionality. Student video will not be enabled for these events. Faculty video will not be enabled unless requested.
- Department presentations will be held on different days and times selected by faculty and staff members. All individual presentations will collectively account for our Spring Virtual Open House.
- As a part of this registration, faculty and staff members can choose one or two dates for their department presentation. Presentations will take place at 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. every day in March and April, and faculty members can choose one day each month.
- The presentation can be the same if faculty and staff members select two dates. Selecting two dates will allow us to promote to a larger audience as we continue to collect new student information.
- Faculty and staff members will be asked to upload the presentation as a part of the online RSVP form.
- A confirmation e-mail will follow with additional information after completion of the form.
- The presentations will be recorded and posted on the Admissions Virtual Visit page.
- The Admissions Office will be responsible for creation of all events, the promotion of events, and the entire communication plan. Faculty and staff members will simply be tasked with creating a presentation for prospective students and conducting the presentation.
We thank you for your support as we continue our prospective student and family recruitment activities in a virtual environment.