Today's MessagePosted: Friday, May 19, 2023
'Level Up Your Writing' Certificate Program for CSEA Members
A new blended online learning certificate program with a concentration in writing is now available for CSEA-represented NYS employees.
The six-week program, Level Up Your Writing, provides a self-directed way for employees to gain practical skills to write clear, well-organized, and effective business documents. By the end of the program, participants will
- learn to avoid the most common grammar and punctuation mistakes;
- identify methods to successfully plan and organize their writing;
- enhance their writing by using clear, concise language.
Employees are required to complete a specific set of activities each week. Participants must be able to set aside three hours a week to complete the activities:
- Participate in one live webinar a week for the first three weeks. Webinars will be held Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. If you cannot attend one of the live webinars, you will be permitted to view a recording.
- Take four self-paced online learning courses at any time during the program period using the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS). You must achieve a passing score of 70 percent or higher in each online course.
- Complete weekly writing assignments. Homework assignments are submitted through Canvas, which is a web-based learning management system.
- Choose to participate in optional learning activities. Participants are not required to complete optional courses or activities to receive a certificate; however, these are recommended if you have time.
Employees can apply for this program between Friday, May 12, and Monday, June 12.
The program begins Monday, June 19. To earn a certificate, participants must complete all required courses by Sunday, July 30.
Space in this statewide program is extremely limited. Employees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A waitlist will be maintained if necessary. You must have supervisory approval to participate in the course.
Detailed information on the course and registration information are available on the NYS & CSEA Partnership website or by contacting the NYS & CSEA Partnership, (800) 253-4332.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Tuesday, May 30, 2023