AnnouncementsPosted: Monday, May 10, 2021
New Rules for Mask Wearing on Campus
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued on April 27, individuals who are fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks following the final dose of any vaccine regime) may now gather or conduct activities outdoors at Buffalo State College without wearing masks, except in certain crowded settings and venues.
Masks are still required inside all buildings and in classrooms, conference rooms, and other spaces, even when 6 feet of social distancing exists.
People who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks on campus, with the following exceptions:
- Students in their private residential or personal spaces, or eating meals on campus while seated with social distancing appropriately enforced, or by themselves
- Faculty and staff members alone in their office or other spaces
Please follow COVID-19 safety practices to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a mask where required by CDC guidance.
- Wash your hands often.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of social distance.
- Participate in testing and tracing.
- Complete daily screenings.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.