From the Provost and Vice President for Academic AffairsPosted: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Internal Search: Interim Faculty Coordinator - Center for Social Justice
Buffalo State seeks internal candidates for the position of interim faculty coordinator of the Center for Social Justice. This position is temporary and will report to the provost. The incumbent will serve until the position of director of the Center for Social Justice is in place.
The interim faculty coordinator of the Center for Social Justice (CSJ) will focus on the establishment of the CSJ with a focus on integrating social justice learning into curricula across campus. Following guidelines articulated in the Center for Social Justice Recommendations Report, the interim faculty coordinator will focus on issues of social justice at each academic level and across academic disciplines.
Specifically, the interim coordinator will
- collaborate with academic programs and with the Academic Plan Committee to infuse social justice content across the curriculum including general education;
- build cohorts of faculty for peer-to-peer education and support for social justice education;
- in collaboration with the Teaching and Learning Center, provide faculty development opportunities focused on course-based integration of social justice;
- share research-based promising practices with campus constituents to support student learning of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- participate and co-lead the Social Justice Subcommittee.
The successful candidate will be a tenure-track or tenured member of the Buffalo State faculty with a clear vision and proven track record working on social-justice-based initiatives. It is also helpful if the candidate's research includes a focus on social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current vita and a cover letter addressing the qualifications. Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 25.