Today's MessagePosted: Friday, September 4, 2020
Resources to Support Student Voting
The Civic and Community Engagement Office is working this fall to register, educate, and mobilize voters in advance of the general election this November.
Here are some resources you can share with your students or incorporate into your classes or on Blackboard:
- Voting Videos Series: Filmed tutorials to support viewers in accessing their right to vote.
- Virtual Voting Workshops: Live virtual workshops to answer student questions about voting.
- Forms, Resources, and FAQs Web Page: Documents, tools, and resources for voters.
- Online Absentee Ballot Request: New York now allows registered voters to request their absentee ballot using an online portal.
- Online Voter Registration Portal: New Yorkers with a driver’s license, learner's permit, or non-driver ID can register to vote with the address that appears on their issued-identification card through an online portal with the DMV.
Additionally, members of the campus community can safety pick up and drop off the following paper forms in the Civic and Community Engagement Office, South Wing 130. A member of the CCE staff will drop off Voter Registration Forms and Absentee Ballot Applications to the Erie County Board of Elections throughout the semester.
- Voter Registration Forms – To vote in the November 3, 2020, election, the deadline to drop off at the Civic and Community Engagement Office is Thursday, October 8, at 5:00 p.m.
- Absentee Ballot Application – To request an absentee ballot, complete the absentee ballot application. The deadline to drop off the application to the Civic and Community Engagement Office is Monday, October 26, at 5:00 p.m.
Please contact the Civic and Community Engagement Office, 878-3919, with questions.
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Monday, September 14, 2020