Today's MessagePosted: Tuesday, February 22, 2022
Tell Students: Mindfulness Skills Workshop Starts February 24
Please tell students about a free Mindfulness Skills workshop, led by Maria Kahn, local mindfulness instructor, and Jack Mack, assistant clinical manager of the Counseling Center, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Campbell Student Union 419 every Thursday from February 24 to March 17. This beginner four-week course is open to all students.
A second four-week course will be offered April 7–28.
Students can attend either or both courses and will meet for weekly drop-in sessions until the end of the semester. Seating will be distanced, with masks required.
Students will learn and practice a new mindfulness skill each week, including how to
- manage stress and anxiety from within,
- reground and reset in the present,
- recognize and process difficult emotions,
- improve focus and memory,
- listen and learn more effectively,
- settle their mind to access their wisdom and talent,
- access their own internal resources to better navigate change and uncertainty.
Please direct any questions to Jack Mack.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Thursday, February 24, 2022