Today's MessagePosted: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Tell Students: Today Is Election Day
Today, November 3, is Election Day across the state and nation. New York State voters can appear in person at their assigned polling location between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. to cast their vote.
Below are some resources and suggestions to ensure that voting is a right you can access today:
- Look up your assigned polling location and make a plan for how to get there.
- Choose a time between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. to arrive at your polling location to vote.
- Watch the 6 Tips for First Time Voters video.
- Get to know the candidates on your ballot using a personalized voter guide on Ballot Ready, Vote 411, or another non-partisan website.
- Save the Election Protection Hotline number in your phone in case you run into issues at the polls: (866) 687-8683 English; (888) 839-8682 Spanish; (844) 925-5287 Arabic; (888) 274-8683 Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
- Read and review your rights as a New York State voter (PDF, 615 KB).
- Encourage friends or family to vote today.
Please contact the Civic and Community Engagement Office, (716) 878-3919, with questions.