Campus CommunityPosted: Monday, November 21, 2022
Thanksgiving with Buffalo State: November 24
Weigel Health Promotion invites you to participate in facilitating a Thanksgiving Day event for our students and campus community on Thursday, November 24, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. in Buckham Hall A114. Members of the Buffalo State community will host a Thanksgiving Dinner event on campus for any student who would like to participate. Resident students who are staying on campus or commuter student who have had a change in plans, have no plans, or would like to spend Thanksgiving with fellow Bengals are welcome.
This is a time for any and all students who are interested in hanging out together, playing some music and games, eating, and relaxing. There is no registration, and the event will be first come, first served in terms of food and supplies.
Please share this information with students, especially those who live off campus and may not be going home or those who are from the area and don't have anyone to spend the holidays with, including international students. We are excited to provide an opportunity for students to gather and be together if they wish.
If you would like to contribute any appropriate donations ahead of time, please consider the following:
- Pre-packaged dishes, foods, meals, or serving and storage containers (e.g., grocery store items, caterers, boxed foods, drinks, disposable plates, cups, utensils, serving items, to-go boxes, aluminum foil).
- Activities: Cookie or gingerbread house decoration kits or supplies; friendship bracelets.
- Games, crafts, cards: We have games and puzzles, but feel free to provide more.
- Other: Any additional ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.
- Join us: Feel free to stop by or get involved in the activities.
Donations can be dropped off in the Weigel Wellness Center on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please make sure you provide your name and information with the donation.
Download the flier from our website or social media.
Any food that is left over that students do not want will be donated to Harbor House (homeless mental health program).
Please contact Paula Madrigal, assistant director of prevention and health promotion, with questions.
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Wednesday, November 23, 2022