College SenatePosted: Monday, May 3, 2021
University Faculty Senate Seat Elections: May 5-7
One new University Faculty Senate (UFS) seat and one UFS alternate seat have become vacant because of the election of UFS Senator Maldonado as UFS president and the resignation of UFS alternate Julie Wieczkowski. To fill these positions, the College Senate will conduct all UFS elections from Wednesday, May 5, to Friday, May 7. This includes the previously announced election of one UFS alternate seat to fill the vacancy for UFS Senator Amy Rosen-Brand, who is completing Senator Joseph Marren’s term.
The College Senate Bylaws and Elections Committee is making use of an electronic voting system supplemented by paper ballots to conduct three elections:
- One UFS alternate seat to fill the seat vacated by Senator Amy Rosen-Brand is for a two-year term (previously announced).
- One UFS senator election is for a three-year term (previously announced).
- One UFS alternate election is for a three-year term (new).
Voting begins at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, May 5, and continues until 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 7. Nominations are now open through Tuesday, May 4. Please contact Vincent Masci, assistant to the College Senate, 878-5139, with questions.
All full-time academics and professionals (NU = 8; negotiating unit 8) are eligible to vote; managerial employees (NU = 13; negotiating unit 13) can vote for alternate UFS.
We urge everyone to vote electronically. Paper ballots will be sent only to voters who request them.
- Visit the election voting portal link (log-on required), located on the College Senate’s Elections and Caucus information site.
- Log in using your e-mail username and password.
- When you log in, the system will identify the election(s) in which you are eligible to vote. If you think you have been misidentified or some other issue arises, please contact Slade Gellin, College Senate parliamentarian.
- With general questions only, please contact Vincent Masci, assistant to the College Senate, 878-5139.
Paper ballots will be sent only to voters who request them. Please e-mail Vince Masci, assistant to the College Senate, to request a paper ballot. Please provide your name and phone number. Requested paper ballots will be distributed before or during election week (May 3–7) and must be returned to the College Senate office by 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 7, to be counted.
Thank you for your participation in this year’s election. Please share any feedback, questions, or concerns with Ramona Santa Maria, chair of the College Senate Bylaws and Elections Committee.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Wednesday, May 5, 2021