From the Vice President for Finance and ManagementPosted: Thursday, April 8, 2021
Alternative Work Arrangements in Effect until July 2
The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations has announced that alternative work arrangements (the state’s telecommuting pilot program) have been extended to July 2, 2021. As a result, Temporary Work Location/Flexible Work Schedule Agreements at Buffalo State College will remain in effect until this date. It is not necessary for employees to submit requests for extension of these agreements.
Department heads and supervisors must ensure that staff members using alternative work arrangements have an approved plan on file.
Terms of the original, approved agreements will remain in effect as follows.
The employee agrees to and understands the following:
- I am responsible for creating a work plan, including hours worked and work performed, and I must submit my signed document to my supervisor or manager.
- I will be available for work-related discussion online or by phone.
- I will need to use my own equipment, supplies, and telephone/Internet connection to perform job duties.
- I must continue to fulfill my professional obligation and must continue to meet the performance expectations of my position.
- If I do not produce a work product and my essential functions are not performed, I will charge my leave accruals in order to be paid.
- In the event of any circumstances that make work from an alternative location impracticable, my supervisor may require me to report to the regular work site OR charge appropriate leave accruals.
- I am subject to the same federal and state laws, policies, and procedures applicable to employees at the regular college work site.
- The college is not liable for injuries to third parties at the alternative work location or liable for damages to the employee’s personal or real property.
- Any approved temporary request is subject to revision, suspension, or revocation based on future guidance by the college or the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations (GOER) and/or SUNY or the Research Foundation of SUNY.
- These protocols will be in place only as current circumstances involving the COVID-19 pandemic warrant.
Should you have concerns that you are unable to continue the terms of the approved agreement, please contact your supervisor immediately. Thank you.