From the Vice President for Finance and ManagementPosted: Monday, March 30, 2020
Procurement Services Temporary Procedures
Because of the impact of COVID-19, the Procurement Services Office in Cleveland Hall 406 is closed. All staff members are working remotely until further notice.
During this time, please observe the following temporary procedures:
- Purchase requisitions may be submitted by e-mail as long as all supporting documentation (e.g., competing quotations) is attached. Requisitions must be e-mailed by the account signatory to Bonnie Heim, Terri Locher, or Penny Reusch. Please see the General Purchasing Process for details about required documentation.
- When you submit a purchase requisition by e-mail, you must include the following information clearly and legibly:
• The name of the Procurement Office staff member you are contacting and the date, for example: “Requisition e-mailed to BONNIE HEIM on MARCH 30
• An e-mail address for the vendor where the purchase order can be sent
• The notation “URGENT: COVID-19” if appropriate
- All orders must be shipped to campus, not home, addresses.
- Completed orders may be retrieved by the requester from Central Receiving at the south entrance of Clinton Center. Please follow Buffalo State’s current procedure for retrieving mail.
- The original paper copy of the requisition must be forwarded to the Procurement Office in Cleveland Hall 406 at a later date.
Please check the Procurement Services website for up-to-date information and all current purchasing guidelines and procedures.