From the Vice President for Institutional AdvancementPosted: Thursday, April 22, 2021
How to Support Bengalathon 2021
We hope that our faculty and staff members will tune in to Bengalathon 2021, a fundraiser designed to provide emergency financial assistance and academic scholarships for Buffalo State College students, this Saturday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Bengalathon will air live on WBBZ-TV and be livestreamed on the Buffalo State College Facebook page.
Visit Bengalathon.com for more ways to participate. Bengalathon 2021 has been a collegewide effort to highlight Buffalo State’s programs, students, and alumni in an effort to inspire donors to support the Student Emergency and General Scholarship funds.
One-of-a-kind auction items and experiences featuring the campus and more include the following:
- Buffalo State Art and Design Department student pieces
- Buffalo State Writing and Math Center student tutoring sessions
- Whitworth Ferguson Planetarium experience guided by Director Kevin Williams
- Burchfield Penney Art Center private tour and reception
- Jacqueline Vito LoRusso Alumni and Visitor Center rental
- Nutrition and exercise consultation sessions by Health, Nutrition, and Dietetics Department Chair Carol DeNysschen
- Virtual cooking lesson and meal kit for up to six people from Chartwells Dining Services
- Buffalo Bills private luxury suite for up to 15 guests
- A commissioned caricature created by renowned artist Philip Burke
You can bid on auction items and donate now through the Bengalathon website. Buffalo State staff members will also stand by to take calls for donations during the program at (833) GIVE-BSC (1-833-448-3272).
We look forward to presenting Bengalathon 2021 this Saturday and hope to surpass our goal in an effort to continue raising much-needed funds for our students.